Monday, February 23, 2015

Design Wall Monday February 23, 2015

The blues on January are slowly evolving into the pinks of February.  I was finally lucky enough to have both time and energy enough to settle in for some quality sewing on Sunday.  It was wonderful to just play with fabric again!  The postage stamp centers were recycled from the leftovers of this quilt with 12 by 12 blocks:
And also from the extras from this quilt with 6 by 6 blocks:
I wonder what will happen to the extras from the postage stamp stars?  Nine patches maybe?  I also had enough 2.5 inch squares to make a couple more twinkle stars on pink, one light and one dark.  I'm not out of pink though, so I had better come up with a few more blocks to make before March brings a new color.  I wonder what it will be?

9 comments:

Deb A said...

Great sets of blocks. I'm guessing green for March but I'll wait and find out when you let us know.

Kathy's A Quilter said...

All of these are great looking blocks and all hold such promise of something quite spectacular in the end. The postage stamp centered in the Sawtooth stars are becoming quite addictive in my studio as well...whole other quilt!

Kate said...

Lots of pretty pinks up there on the design wall. Looks like Sunday was very productive.

Lori said...

You've got such a pretty design wall!

Jo said...

Busy busy busy

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful blocks. So glad you got to work on your projects.

Magpie Sue said...

Those postage stamp blocks are very appealing set with the white sashes. So glad you had time to sew!

Anonymous said...

I love the color in that postage stamp quilt! What a great use of scraps!

Andee said...

A lot of rainbow goodness going on there!