Monday, September 17, 2012

Design Wall Monday September 18, 2012

The weekend is never as long as it seems like it is going to be on Friday afternoon.  I had a great all day quilt marathon for charity on Saturday though and then made a little bit of progress on Hawaii Sunset today.  Just 4 blocks completed, but lots of bits and pieces in the works.  The geese are definitely the logjam step. Just about 20% of those are done, but all the other subunits are sewn and ready to go, so the blocks will come together quickly as soon as the geese are ready to fly.  Now that I have all the cutting for those done I hope the rest will go smoothly.  AND Orca Bay is now loaded on the frame!  Maybe if things are calm this week I will be able to quilt a row or two in the evenings. 

12 comments:

Kate said...

I agree the weekend is never as long as you think it's going to be. Hawaii Sunset is looking great. I'm working on a project that required a lot of flying geese, I didn't realize how time consuming those little birdies were until I had to make 64 of them.

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow - you go girl!!! I haven't been able to work on mine, but I plan to go at it full tilt when I return from retreat. Hope you haven't left me completely in the dust by then, but I have a sneaking suspicion that you will :*)

Judy D in WA said...

It looks fabulous! I did my geese first knowing that the might do me in before I got too far. LOL You will have this together before you know it!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Your Hawaiian Sunset is looking great. You and Amy are flying along. I can't wait to find more time to sew.

Sheila said...

I love your Hawaiian Sunset blocks! So colorful!

Suzy said...

Wow! It is looking so awesome! Love the lime green and navy color combo, along with the pinks. Very unusual but it works and looks great! :o)

Linda said...

Your Hawaiian Sunset is looking great. Yes, weekends go by too fast. We're tired from the week and tired from the weekend from trying to cram our want to's in! It's a vicious circle! LOL... Have a good week!

Cathy Tomm said...

Looks like you got a good chunk of sewing done this weekend. The quilt looks like it is fun to work with.

Barb in Mi said...

Love to see your progress! Hawaii sunset is on my bucket list...

Debbie said...

Those blocks are stunning.

Sue Daurio said...

Blocks look great and I agree about the weekend, so optimistic on Friday that it will be long and relaxing. It's the long part that just doesn't seem to work for me.

Lynne said...

When you retire you may find that weeks are never as long as they seem at the beginning! LOL

Your blocks are looking really lovely!