Monday, August 13, 2012

Design Wall Monday August 13, 2012

 Most of the weekend was spent putting Midget Blocks together.  99 on the wall only adds up to a quilt that is about 54 by 66.  I will keep going on those, there are still plenty of block patterns left at Sentimental Stitches. 
Last night I started doing some sorting and organizing.  There are a bunch of nine patches that have been going in the background for a while now. I picked out all the red and red with just one blue squares and realized that I have enough to make Bonnie Hunter's Crab-apple quilt.  I'll call mine Cherry Trees, and put it on the list. 

5 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

That is such a cool quilt! I think you are addict to the tiny blocks to keep going and make it larger!
Love the crabtree blocks!

Margaret said...

"99 miniature blocks on the wall, 99 miniature blocks! If one of those blockies should happen to fall..."

Sorry; I couldn't help m'self! Seriously, though, your tinies are wonderful, and I'm enjoying your process!

Andee said...

Another Bonnie Quilt YAY! I am still just admiring the midget blocks quilt. Love the plane!

kwiltnkats said...

I just coordinated 18 quilters making 9-patches to swap for the entire Crabapple Quilt by Bonnie. I like that you are making Cherry Trees with yours. Are you going to leave the blue one in? Ours were all scrappy lights and darks. One quilter has already finished her quilt. I've not yet started mine but hope to soon. Love your mini project! Sandi

Kate said...

Love the midget block quilt, 99 blocks is a lot of work, but it looks beautiful. Love your cherry trees too!