Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tiny Tuesday - Four of Hearts

 This is another extra applique block from the Midget series.  It is block number 7, and should be the 94th block I have completed for this quilt.  I am getting close to the century mark, and also close to my 2 year anniversary.  I will easily have averaged one a week by the time the big day arrives. 
I've really started to enjoy freezer paper on the front and glue stick for applique prep.  As long as they are ready to go, the stitching part is a nice relaxing way to pass time.  It is amazing how much time is spent waiting, sitting and otherwise hanging out. 

6 comments:

Deb A said...

Yes, lots of little bits of time. If only someone would prep the applique for me I'd be all set! Love how your heart block came out... I actually have a kit from 1998 for a twin bed with that pattern for heart applique - still in the package!

Jeanne said...

Looks great! That prepping stuff is certainly not as much fun as the sewing.

Andee said...

Love this one!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Great block! And almost to 100 is fantastic!!

Ellen said...

Your block is great and your model is fantastic! When my boys were young I spent lots of time waiting around while they were in evening activities or sports. I often took along my Grandmother's Flower Garden hexies and handpieced while waiting for them. They had fun and I got a quilt made for my Mom!

Lynne said...

Vey cute; and how nice of your son to hold it for you.