Thursday, July 5, 2012

Slowly

I was sure I'd just whip the pieces of Sydney's room together today.  Somehow more time was spent running around and  cleaning though, so barely a dent was made.  There was a valance over Sydney's window which has been there since we moved in 9 years ago.  I am using the same pattern this time, just with her new fabric choices.  I'll try to get this finished up and then start working on the curtain that will cover her closet.  It will basically be a shower curtain, I am thinking of adding some cute grommets at the top, but other than that it will be pretty simple.  With all that fun waiting, some nice quiet hand stitching of binding might still win out for the evening.  Sometimes an excuse to sit and vegetate is nice to have. 

4 comments:

Kate said...

Love the zebra stripes. Isn't that the way it goes, redecorating always leads to cleaning of some kind?

Andee said...

Can't wait to see the room pics when it is all done!

Lynne said...

There are many who would not associate vegetating with hand sewing binding! As for me, I quite like it.

Deb A said...

She is very lucky to have such a handy Mom to redo all these things! Pretty color combo on the curtains. I was vegetating last night too with some hand quilting.