Saturday, July 28, 2012

Saturday Miscellany

Today I had lots of quilting fun.  First, my friend Meisje came over to quilt her sons t-shirt quilt.  She wasn't so sure she was qualified to use the quilting machine, but she did a great job on a loop-de-loop pattern.  I keep trying to turn her into a quilter, but so far she isn't a fan. 

While she was quilting, I got a few Little Monkey blocks put together.  Aren't they cute?  The finish at just 5 inches, so the are definitely on the petite side.  I have 30 blocks prepped and ready as soon as I can get back to the machine. 
Tonight we are having appetizers for dinner and watching the Olympics together as a family.  So far we have seen rowing, archery and handball.  Sydney is cheering for USA while Kurt and Ryan are discussing the physics involved in each sport.  I think I'll go find a quilt that needs binding sewn down.  I think there are still a couple (or maybe 7) in the stack. 

7 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Great little monkey blocks!
And so wonderful to see you enjoying the olympics with your little monkeys!
Good luck converting your friend into a quilter... we all need to do our part to keep the tradition alive!

Amy said...

LOL...."discussing the physics involved." LOVE IT!

We are watching the Games, too. A-DORE-able Monkey blocks!!!

Andee said...

Love family night! The monkey blocks are cute!

Judy D in WA said...

Love the Little Monkey blocks! Very cute!!
Even cuter though are those kiddos. Lucky you! :)
Meisje's quilt is great! Keep working on her.

Ellen said...

Adorable monkey blocks! Hopefully your friend will come around after she sees how wonderful her finished quilt looks.

Kate said...

We watched the swimming. Since DT is on the swim team, she made both of us laugh at the way she yelled at the screen, saying exactly the things her coach says to her during her time in the pool! You had a pretty productive weekend between the Olympics and back to school stuff.

Meisje said...

I think having a quilting friend is even better than quilting! Though I must admit the quilting machine was lots of fun.