Friday, July 27, 2012

Odds and Ends

The Wonky Xmas Logs have been a miss-mash from start to finish.  Not to change anything at the end, I got creative on the back.  Everything that was remotely holiday looking got pulled out and thrown into a pile.  Though I thought about just sewing it all together randomly, I decided instead to cut everything into 10 inch squares.  As soon as those are sewn together, there will be another quilt ready for the frame.  The t-shirt quilt is there now, I am sewing a row or two when I get up or need a break. 

5 comments:

Amy said...

LOVE 10" scrappy backs! :)
Happy Friday

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

That is how I get rid of most of the scraps from each project I do. Woo Hoo. I have one on the frame now too. I need to keep one there at all times so I can get my UFO list under control somewhat. LOL, I am kidding myself right? The QAL addict.

Kate said...

Progress of any kind is good. Is it harder to quilt a top when you do a pieced back using the 10" squares? I've considered trying that, but thought it might be a bit much with seams on both the front and back.

Sheila said...

Pieced backs make a quilt so interesting. It's like a bonus. Two quilts instead of one.
Loved your t-shirt quilt in the previous post. You have been busy!

Angie in SoCal said...

Wonderful use of stash are scrappy backs! Nice job Susan