Tuesday, July 17, 2012

More Crumb Fun

Last night while watching TV, I sorted Amy's crumbs into cute little color coordinated piles.  One pile was mixed colors, either because the pieces were already sewn to another color, or because the fabric was multicolored and wouldn't fit into another group. 
I started that group first and worked those into my pipeline of crumb blocks.  How cute are they?  My favorite bits so far were lots of little end pieces from string block trimmings.  Don't they look like little Chinese Coin blocks.  I have more than enough blocks for the quilt now, but I think I'll keep going until the ones in the works get finished up. They will save nicely for another crumb quilt someday soon. 

8 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

They do look great...it's always more fun to play with someone else's crumbs!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I think you definitely have more patience than I do.

Andee said...

Looking good! Always inspiring!

Amy said...

Wow! Now YOU are amazing! I can't even remember what those came from----was paper still attached to the backs?

A+ today Angela!

Lynne said...

I sort scraps by colour too (inspired by the Rainbow challenge of course) and multicolored prints. These last two groups are sorted into darks and lights - somehow there are always way more of the former.

Cyn said...

Your blocks are so cute!

Kath said...

I'm off to google "chinese coin blocks" now...

Sheila said...

Love your crumb blocks. I need to do this, work on my little plastic bags of scraps!