Sunday, July 29, 2012

Handwork Sunday - Slowpoke Edtion

 Here are the next two Dear Jane Blocks.  We have all been enjoying the Olympics as a family in the evenings during which I have done lots of hand sewing of binding.  I'll do a final photo shoot on those quilts  as they are finished. Be sure to visit Kathy to see what others are up to on hand work Sunday
Today though, I am trying to get these little monkey blocks together.  I'm about a third done so far. The girls wanted to go shopping for back to school clothes this morning, and then while the boys are off playing Dungeons and Dragons this afternoon, they have asked to see a movie.  In between though, I'll be working my way through more of these little guys. 

7 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Slowpoke progress is still progress... your hand quilting is great and makes me want to get mine out!

Cathy Tomm said...

I love the Dear Jane. So nice to have it hand quilted. Your monkey blocks are looking good. We have summer holidays a little later than you so hard to believe you are shopping for back to school stuff. Hope you are enjoying so of the last of your holidays.

Teresa in Music City said...

You are just amazing! You get so much done in addition to all the activities of little kids and a home, not to mention a job too!!! You put me to shame girlfriend :*) Your DJ blocks are so cute - great job!!!

Angie said...

You inspired me to pull out my DJ blocks this week. I haven't touched them since the Beijing Olympics! Unfortunately, they didn't inspire me any further, and they went back in the box for now.

Allison said...

your Dear Jane is stunning in blues! :)

audrey said...

The Dear Jane is an amazing quilt. It's great that you're hand quilting it too!

Kate said...

Back to school can keep one busy on mutiple fronts. We were supposed to go school uniform shopping on Saturday, but thankfully DT can still wear her skirts and shirts from last year.