Monday, July 9, 2012

Design Wall Monday - July 9th 2012

Crumb blocks are so relaxing to sew.  I am determined to empty my last drawer of mixed crumbs.  These represent the "bright" portion.  There is still another bag of shirting crumbs and one of pastels.  One bin at a time is all I can sew though, so here is the first batch.  There is another darker teal for setting triangles that will form a border around the edges. Not sure yet about the size, it will depend on how many blocks I can make from whatever is left in the stack. 

13 comments:

Amy said...

Want/Need more crumbs?? Let me know. My "crumb collection box" is ready to be emptied, and I simply don't "DO" crumbs; I save them for other people.

Send me snail addy if you want them! No strings attached (literally)! {{I keep strings} :D

Kate said...

Love that teal with those crumbs.

Judy D in WA said...

Love the combination of the crumb blocks and the teal! This is going to be very bright and happy!
Good luck getting the drawer empty.

Lynne said...

It's funny how we all sort our scraps in different ways, isn't it?

Kim said...

Sweet! How big are your crumb blocks?
I've made many kids quilts this way and just for fun I put their name in letters across the front the " Tonya" way.

Happy sewing

LuAnn said...

Love your crumb blocks and the teal setting blocks!

Vicki H. said...

looks great and I love the relaxing sewing for the summer months. Great Job

Carrie P. said...

great looking quilt so far. I really like the teal blocks. Makes it pop.

Melinda said...

It looks great. I love the bright setting blocks.

Cathy Tomm said...

I love the blue or turquoise you are using with your crumbs. I also like the idea of a dark colour on the outside. Looking forward to see it finished.

Gari in AL said...

What a great idea, crumb blocks. I've got to try that.

Andee said...

I too like these blocks...gets to be theraputic! Looking good, as always!

Ellen said...

I see the beginnings of a gorgeous quilt! I love that we can, and do, use such little pieces to make these bonus blocks. It almost feels like we can get 2 quilts made for the price of 1!