Monday, July 30, 2012

Design Wall Monday - July 30, 2012

With just two more days before teachers are back at school, I am trying hard to cross a few projects off the list.  This is a baby quilt for a relative who is going to have a blue, green and yellow nursery with farm animals.  I could not find any farm animal fabric, so I just found fabrics with the right colors. Everything was already in my strip bins except for the yellow which I thought made a nice background.  The pattern is from Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville and is called Little Monkey.  Isn't is just the sweetest pattern for a baby quilt?  Sydney gave it her seal of approval, so all that remains is to sew the blocks together and get it quilted up before the baby arrives. Be sure you head over to Patchworktimes to see what everyone has been up to over the weekend. 

16 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Don't you just love quick little projects like this one?

Amy said...

100% Adorable! Excellent way to use some strips on hand too

Angie said...

Very cute Little Monkey! And do I detect a hint for August's Rainbow Scrap Challenge color?

Quilter Kathy said...

It's soooo cute! I just love how you switched up the colour and value in each block.

Vicki H. said...

I really love this quilt and the yellow is perfect. So nice for a baby to have a quilt! Enjoy your last days before schools starts!!

Cindy said...

Cute! Love the colors...and you're helper is the perfect addition to the pic. :)

Betty Lou said...

Hard to believe that your summer is over, but you have made the best of it. Any idea how many projects you completed? Loving the new color for August.

Judy D in WA said...

Gosh Sydney is cute! And so is the quilt. Very bright and happy.
Vacation sure went by fast didn't it.

Sue Daurio said...

What a great quilt. Lucky relative who gets that one. My daughter starts teaching on next Monday, I can't believe how quickly summer went. And Sydney has good taste :)

AnnieO said...

Great color combo! I like the Little Monkeys, including your grinning one :)

Sheila said...

Such a cute little baby quilt! Love the colors.
I guessing that August's Rainbow Challenge color is TURQUOISE? : )

Melinda said...

I like it - cute but easy to make.

Rhonda said...

What a fun and colorful quilt. Great job!

Andee said...

Very nice! Way to get it done!

Tamera said...

What a cute little quilt! It looks like it will go perfectly with their nursery.

Kate said...

Very cute quilt. Love all the bright colors you used.