Monday, July 23, 2012

Design Wall Monday - July 23, 2012


The wall was empty again and I wasn't quite sure what to put up. I went to the stack of works in progress and thought about what to do next. There are a lot of requests on my list right now for other people. I need to finish up the t-shirt quilt for my friend Meisje. Aunt Brenda wants me to make a quilt for Aunt Barb to handquilt for her guest bedroom. My mother's husbands daughter is having a baby and Mom promised her a baby quilt. So with a big list of to work through before school starts again in two weeks, I'm off to teacher a teacher workshop today and I'll let all that simmer.
I couldn't let the design wall sit empty on a Monday though, so I pulled out the project that is next on my "want to" instead of my "need to" list.  Maybe seeing this waiting patiently will get me moving on all the rest. 

15 comments:

Nann said...

Is that Jamestown Landing? You deserve a "want to" in the midst of all the "have to" quilts!

Mary Marcotte said...

That's what I do! Let something simmer in my head while I do other "stuff." We call that "percolating" (like coffee) in the writing world. It works for quilting, too. I'm anxious to see that green/neutral quilt complete. It looks fascinating. I'd love to know the pattern, too.
Mary

Amy said...

I know that pattern! When did you start that little diddy? And in green....ooooo....... :)

Betty Lou said...

Hard to believe school starts in two weeks, but you have certainly packed a lot into summer of 2012. Like the green design wall quilt.

Rhonda said...

Keeping a project on your design wall and allowing it to stew in your mind, then sleeping on the idea will definitely get you going.

Lynne said...

That's quite a list. Do you plan to do it all in two weeks?

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh YES!!! Jamestown Landing!!! That one is definitely on my "coming up VERYsoon" list!

Quilter Kathy said...

It's funny that it's all the same task (sewing, stitching, playing with colour) but it feels so different when it's a "must make" vs. a "want to make" project!

Vicki H. said...

love that block collection. Sigh, is it time to think about school again? I saw school supplies in the stores here. We don't start until September but it is coming fast!

Jeanne said...

I had to smile when I saw the picture of your plastic cases stacked together. That photo could have been taken here. VBG I like your "want to" project. Hope you make progress on it soon.

Cathy Tomm said...

Good choose to work on next. I like what you have chosen to work on next. I hope you are enjoying your summer.

Melinda said...

I guess you better sew very fast if you want to get done before school starts. Good luck. Love the one on your design wall.

Gari in AL said...

Don't you just hate it when you have so many "have to's" that it is hard to get to the "want to's?" That's where I am right now and it seems to be keeping me from working on anything. :-(

Kate said...

I don't have a lot of "need to's" at the moment, but I have a lot of "want to's" going all at once. Good luck with your picking and choosing.

Only 2 weeks till school starts? Surely not!

Andee said...

Loving the look and the colors!