Monday, July 16, 2012

Crumb Christmas

When we got back from being out of town, the mail was conspicuously missing from our box.  I was sure one of our neighbors had collected it while we were gone, though both of the friends I usually ask to do that task were also out of town, so I didn't make any special arrangements.  Kurt couldn't figure out why I was so anxious, but I was waiting for two extra special packages.  This evening, while I was getting dinner on the table, the bell rang, and a friendly neighbor brought a big stack of envelopes, included among them was a HUGE package of crumbs from Amy!  Look at all that fabric fun! I can't wait to dig in and start playing with all the bits and pieces.  Thanks Amy!  I promise they will all go to good use.  I have 88 crumb blocks done so far and will need just 29 more for the twin sized quilt I have in mind. Now I have to think of something fun to send to Amy in "exchange".  Isn't blogging fun?  Especially when it comes with fun squishies in the mail!  

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh yay :) Glad they arrived. Not being a crumb-maker, I'm looking forward to see what magic you can do with them.

Lynne said...

Great fun! You live in a great neighborhood.

janequiltsslowly said...

Love it! That is my favorite mail: squishy packages of fabric crumbs! Lucky girl. Have fun with it.

Ellen said...

That is a big pile of scraps - it will certainly add lots of new variety to your crumbs. So nice of Amy to send you all of her scrappy bits so that they will be used instead of hoarded. Love it!

Andee said...

I bag up my crumbs for a crumb buddy here too..so far that bug hasn't bitten me..but I am thinking about it! Glad you got lots of Amy's!