Friday, July 6, 2012

Cleaning out the Oldies

I love having my happy color sorted scrap jars.  Making monochromatic scrap projects seems so much less daunting than digging into a big bag of everything.  There was still a drawer of partial blocks, and leftovers and extras that didn't fit into any of the jars though.  I started sewing those together randomly and using the 5 inch GO die to square them all up. I have no goal in mind except to empty the drawer, having a quilt at the end is just an added bonus. 

5 comments:

Deb A said...

Pretty scrap quilt. I just love how lots of quilters would have thrown those scraps out but look how pretty and useful they are!

Kate said...

Great idea. Love the teal color you are using to set the blocks together.

Candace said...

I think you're going to end up with a gorgeous quilt that someone is going to love. Happy colors.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Since you have them all alternated, you could even take it a step further and turn it into a twister quilt too. Wait........that would mean putting more scraps back into the jars.........nevermind.

Lynne said...

Lovely colours. I love those bright happy blues.