Saturday, April 14, 2012

ScrapHappy Saturday - Neutral Blahs

As much as I have loved seeing all the neutral blocks that people are coming up with, I haven't felt inspired yet to really dig into my neutral scraps.  I did get this midget block started last night, but there are no neutrals in it. Today is the day though, I can feel it.  I was madly paper piecing last night, so I might start today with some little houses or log cabin blocks.  How about you?  Any fun neutral based blocks churning in your sewing rooms?
I found the coolest rainbow postage stamp quilt while wandering aimlessly yesterday.  I think I've seen it before, but check it out for inspiration.  

10 comments:

Deb A said...

Well, I figured one set of blocks out for the month. Now I need to decide on the other set... I'm thinking those might have colors with them.

Sheila said...

I think whites, creams, and neutrals make lovely, elegant, and special quilts. But I'm just not one to use these colors as I make bright, bold, colorful quilts. I'll probably make a house block and a pot holder in these neutrals, that will be about it.
LOVE the postage stamp quilt in the link!

Angie said...

I bet you'll be surprised what you dream up once you start digging in the neutrals stash!

Elly D said...

Love your little Dresden Plate block.

I made a good start on my neutral challenge, I just hope I can get finished all I hope to do this month with it. LOL...

I look forward to seeing what you come up with. I know it will be good ;)

Ellyx

Andee said...

With the block I am making there is neutrals in it already so not sure what to do..was waiting to see what Amy did--lol!

Edith said...

Neutral was a bit of a challenge, however it got the creative juices flowing. I'm liking the Rainbow Postage Stamp quilt.

Cathy Tomm said...

I love the start on that mini block. I love that postage stamp quilt. I have added my link and will check out everyone else's after pizza and cake.

Leah said...

I haven`t been back to my sewing room since my Gram passed away two weeks ago... was planning on tonight but I have a migraine. Hopefully tomorrow.

Ellen said...

I'd love to see some of those little houses!

Andee said...

I think this whole quilt is neutral enough to count! LOL!