Wednesday, December 21, 2011

One Tiny House

Seriously, how cute it that?  Kathy left a comment earlier about how she was participating in a new challenge for 2012.  It is called building houses from scraps and you can read more about it here.  There are over 1000 people signed up to make a 3 inch house block for each day of 2012.  I followed a link and Jantine at Urban Style was kind enough to e-mail me a paper piecing pattern.  This one would be really cute to do in conjunction with the rainbow scrap challenge.  How cute would it be to have rows of little houses in all of the colors of the rainbow?  Having said that, I don't think I'm quite crazy enough to commit to making 365 of these little fellows, but I might whip up a few for fun.  I'm still trying to decide on the perfect month to month block for my own Rainbow.  My favorite projects this year were the ones that had collections of a single block done in all of the colors of the rainbow. 

5 comments:

Cathy Tomm said...

Very sweet. Some where I have four mini houses that were going to be a small quilt. Another UFO. Maybe in the new year.

LuAnn said...

Those little houses are going to be so cute. I'm signed up, too. Even just one house a week would make a nice wall hanging. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Ellen said...

I'm also signed up but I plan on making 5" blocks. We will see how many I have made at year's end!

I think your rainbow blocks were a great idea. I think I will also follow suit this year.

Kathy S. said...

Whohoo! you made one too! I got four more done yesterday. Even though they are paper pieced, I found that I could chain stitch four of them at a time to be more productive. Warning--These little houses are addicting.

Andrea said...

I am making them too but doing them bigger -5inch blocks -I have made templates and am currently going through my scraps cutting out bits ready to sew. I won't be making 1a day I don't think but will definitely make a lot- very sweet aren't they ? Happy Christmas xx