Thursday, July 2, 2009

Chuffed


I have been getting better at FMQ with each quilt that I finish, but I have to pat myself on the back for this one. Not a single pucker or pleat on the back, it lies flat as a board, and the stitch length is somewhat even. As my British friends would say, I'm somewhat chuffed with myself. The binding has just been cut out so it is almost officially done. I was planning on making this a charity quilt, but I'm liking it better and better as it goes along. Maybe charity will have to get a different quilt.

Anna has decided that she wants to redecorate her room. Today she asked for permission to start pulling off the wallpaper. Her BFF Sierra was over for a play date and they thought destruction would be way too much fun.

Now I wish that I has stopped her for long enough to get a "before" pic. She had a lovely lavender bedroom in a princess theme. The bottom half of the wall had castle brick wallpaper with "stone" columns flanking the bed. The headboard was shaped like a big crown and covered in purple satin. Apparently 10 year old girls, "are not so much into princesses anymore". It was all a little tired after 5 years, so I guess it is a good time to redo it all, but I will miss the castle wall.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Your FMQ looks so good; I still get points instead of smooth loops and meanders. So - will Anna actually finish decorating her room herself, or is it another job for you to add to your to-do list? It looks as if they had great fun pulling the wallpaper off.

Candace said...

I think it looks wonderful. Like Amanda, some of my curves turn into spikes not a pretty sight, but you have to look for them after washing and crinkling. Good thing. I vote for keeping the quilt and making another for donation since you are getting attached. I'm sure they will still get a lovely quilt.