Friday, August 22, 2008

What it is for?


So I am just about to sew the last border on my plaid quilt. I don't like doing borders, so I was thinking of a carrot for motivation. As I was searching for the last two cornerstones that I put safely somewhere, I decided since I was about to finish a quilt, I would pull out something "new" to work on. Something small and easily finished. I've got several bits and pieces that I've played with over time and I thought it would be fun to turn one of those into a little quilt. So as I pulled out the pinwheels that I made from the bonus blocks of Zach's quilt, I remembered that I was going to do a wide border with some sort of appliqué. Because this one will hang in the foyer, I decided to ask Kurt's opinion. I should know better than that by now. So as I laid it out and described what I had in mind, he looked at me with that puzzled face that he makes when I'm just not communicating, and then he said, "I know this is going to seem like a silly question, but what is this quilt for?" What is it for? It is for to be a quilt. Isn't that enough?

3 comments:

Donna said...

tell him its a tea cozy for the wall... The foyer has drafts and the paint was cold... its easier to wash then the wall so its a wall protector from the kids hands....

Amanda said...

Oh, men, who'd have 'em!!

Amy said...

*chuckling at Pixie's comment*
That's downright funny!

Oooo....lots of goodies on the floor. Dare I say I see some blocks left over the OC on the right, too? I really like those red/white pieces too....those would be fun to play around with...