Thursday, January 3, 2008

Two Tops in Need of Borders





I took two sets of blocks that had been aging for a while and sewed them together into tops today. Now I just have to decide on borders!
The first is a teal and orange pinwheel that I started as one of two options for his bed when my son was really into orange. I ended up going with a larger pinwheel I did "quilt as you go", which has been on his bed since shortly after we moved three years ago. So these poor little reject blocks have been sitting nicely labeled wondering what to do now that his favorite color is red.
The second is a set of courthouse step blocks that I pieced with my nephew while he was visiting this summer during his baby brothers surgery. We did lots of projects and outings as distractions, but didn't manage to finish this up. If I get my act together I can ship it off in time for his birthday next month.

1 comment:

Teri said...

These are both gorgeous quilts. Enjoy finishing them.

May I suggest on the pinwheel blocks that it actually needs two borders? I can see one really thin one to float the pinwheels and a second wider one to bring the whole thing together and finish the quilt.

Happy Quilting!
Teri